The wild is calling from within, calling from without. Will you listen?
A WOMEN’S BACKPACKING TRIP in the name of the wild.
Pre-Trip Skype meeting September 10th at 6 pm PST
Trinity Alps CA
Registration opens soon. Email Sarah to be notified!
This is the wilderness trip you have been waiting for.
This is no ordinary wilderness trip. It is a dive into the work of soul, of cycles, and of wildness- yours and that of the earth. Honest sisterhood, the bone- memory of your purpose and place. Connection. Creativity. Perspective. Clarity. Vitality. Be fed by beauty. Honor the cycle you are in. Come back home to yourself. Gather the courage to see hard truths, the fire to make important changes. Be nurtured. Be seen. Come for the dirt, for the earth, for the place from which you came. Come for adventure, for solitude, for sovereignty and challenge. Come for mind-bending beauty and ceilings of stars.
This trip will be intimate, breathtaking and truly life-changing- it will stand as a pivot-point in your year.
So much more than a backcountry adventure, they are a deep initiation into your most elemental self and a return to the wild woman within that calls to you in your deepest longing.
Indeed, there is a Great Remembering waiting for us in the cathedral of the wild, stirring our lifeblood in ways that nourish and anchor us once again to our vital core: instinct, aliveness, wisdom and joy. The creation energy of life itself is the drum beating behind this rhythm. These days together will carve a river of light in your body and soul.
- No prior backpacking experience is necessary, however you must be comfortable and able to carry a 40 lbs backpack at elevation for stretches up to 6 miles in a day. Physical fitness is essential for this trip, and though covering miles is not the goal of our trip, it will be physically challenging and take us to our edges. This does not mean it will be easy-breezy for you- just that it is within the means of your current physical abilities.
- Participants must have experience, capacity and inner resources for navigating emotional, psychological and physical challenge and growth. This trip will be an encounter with your own truth and self, which can sometimes bring things to the surface. It is important that participants have the inner capacity to navigate their own inner journey and what might arise in their process.
- This trip begins in the Trinity Alps on September 14th at 10 am. Location of trailhead HERE. There will be car camping nearby this meeting spot, if you’d like to camp the night before, or the nearest town with lodging is Coffee Creek CA.
- We will aim to return to cars on the 18th by 4 pm, so we have a full day on the land.
- We will gather for a pre-trip Skype meeting Monday September 10th at 6 pm PST, to meet each other, answer any questions and bring our group energy together.
- There will be no group transportation for this trip. Participants will meet at the trailhead. Once the trip has filled, we will send an email linking folks up for potential carpools from Ashland and the Bay Area.
- We will journey into the backcountry to rushing rivers, high mountain lakes, magical meadows and beautiful forests. We will hike approximately 12 miles with full packs over the course of our trip, and an additional 6-8 without packs. There will be elevation gain in this climb.
- Our week together will create a space for connecting deeply with yourself, your own truth and soul. We will draw from practices of MogaDao Archetypal Qigong, land-based ceremony, wisdom and ritual, the Gateless Writing method, the oracular book Women Who Run with the Wolves. We will ebb and flow through various activities and atmospheres of exploration, including sacred physical practice, writing, land-based activities, meditation, silence, movement, hiking, group sharing, solo-time, story and laughter…lots of laughter.
- Rather than using the wilderness as backdrop for an outward pursuit of adventure, we will be acknowledging and listening to her as a central and animate character in our own wild and human journey. We will attune to the land and allow her to inform and influence us, instead of the other way around. We will slow down and attune to a more natural rhythm that will allow us to see, hear and feel in ways that that elude us in the business of our daily lives. Our mornings will begin in silence.These trips dive deeply into inner transformation and exploration. They will ask a lot of you- they will ask for honesty, vulnerability, humor, a willingness to look and see, to grow.They are gentle, they are fierce, they are wild, they are sweet. We laugh, we cry, we hike, we share, we write, we sing, we practice, we dive deep, we soar high.
- You will walk away feeling recharged, nourished, more aligned with your life and intuition, connected to the fire inside you, and deeply aware of the preciousness of this sacred life.
All tents, food and cook gear will be provided. Please note that tents will be shared- if you would like to sleep solo, please bring your own tent or tarp.
1 Backpack, with a 3500-5000 cubic inch / 55-70 Liter capacity (enough to fit all your stuff, as well as some group gear.
1 Sleeping Bag 10-20 degree rating (note: large “car-camping” sleeping bags take up too much room in your backpack.
1 Sleeping Pad
1 Bug Spray
1 Spoon or Spork
1 Quart container for meals (with a top is handy) or bowl
1 insulated Mug
1 100oz Platypus/Camelback bladder or Three 1-Liter bottles
1 Bathing suit or shorts
1 Quick dry shorts
1 lightweight pants for hiking
1 Fleece pants or long underwear for warmth
3 T-shirts, including one that is not cotton
1 Mid weight top (fleece) NOT COTTON!
1 Sunhat/baseball cap or the like
1 Warm winter hat- “beanie”
1 Hiking boots – make sure to break these in before our trip
1 Sandals, flip flops or strapped sandals (for camp)
1 Headlamp, with new batteries AND extra set of batteries
+ Socks, undies, etc.
+ Toiletries: including toothbrush, sunscreen, Personal Medication
+ Journal and 2 writing utensils
+ Camera – optional
+ Camp chair
1 Gift that carries significance- this will be given away.
I will be leading this trip with Kelly Shelstad of InnerGuide Expeditions. Kelly is a world class guide and facilitator. She brings a shining heart of gold, keen intuition, big vision and a diverse and honed skill set.
Kelly and I LOVE working together and have a fantastic collaborative synergy. It’s contagious.
STAY IN THE LOOP
Be the first to know about Sarah's upcoming workshops, retreats, courses and speaking engagements.