My work builds bridges…between the sacred and the secular. inner and outer. political and personal. vulnerability and strength. truth and power. past and present. sexuality and spirituality. desire and integrity. masculine and feminine. nature and body.
I am a sexuality teacher, wilderness guide, writer, and public speaker with more than 2,500 hours of formal training in western and non-western healing modalities, 18+ years of experience as an experiential educator and 15 years of private practice. Through grounded, safe, and transformative retreats, workshops, and classes, I help adults and young adults reclaim the integrity, creativity, and trustworthy power contained within their sexual selves.
I help my students connect to the deeper truths and sources of themselves and their lives, so that they can lead soulful lives of honest and congruent purpose, relationships and passion.
My work helps you name your unnamed, speak your unspoken, claim your unclaimed and embrace your desires and gifts so that you can remember why you are here and what you have to give this world.
If you have lost your belief… In life. In loving. In your body. In joy. In your voice. In beauty. In your sexuality. In your purpose… there is a road home.
My work helps people recognize and trust their innate gifts, voice, wisdom, desire and intuition, allowing them to step into their lives in empowered and extraordinary ways. My approach draws on a lifelong study and weaves together many elements, including:
- Inquiry, embodiment, curiosity
- Anthropology and cross-cultural education
- Transformational wilderness immersion and therapy
- Chinese 5 Element Theory
- Archetypal wisdom, mythology and story
- MogaDao Sacred Daoist Sexuality and Qigong
- The Gateless Writing Method
My work is not about attaining any particular “state,” nor is it seeking to live outside of reality. Instead, we create space to turn, with reverence and inquiry, towards that which is calling for our attention. In that space, we find an instinctual and vital connection to a source that both nourishes and guides us.
As we engage in this work, I offer my students wisdom, sensitivity and insight. I am trustworthy in my ability to hold safe, welcoming, transformative space for groups, and I am known for my clear intuition, grounded presence, and joy.
My Background & Training
I have been working in the fields of transformational wilderness therapy, international cross-cultural education, and experiential and somatic healing education since 2000. I have taught thousands of teenagers, adults, and young adults across the United States, the Himalayas, and Indonesia. I am based in Portland, Oregon, and base my programming in the Pacific Northwest.
- THE BODY OF SEX
- Workshops and Lectures at:
- Middlebury College
- University of Florida
- Colorado College
- Hampshire College
- Harvard University
- Wesleyan University
- William and Woods
- University of Richmond
- Amherst College
- Curriculum Consultation for:
- Pacific Discoveries
- Where There Be Dragons
- WHERE THERE BE DRAGONS: Cross-Cultural education and immersion
- South East Asia Program Director
- Indonesia Course Director
- Field Instructor
- Professional Development Education
- Global Educator Benchmark Group
- The Rocky Mountain Seminar
- Carleton College
- Outward Bound
- THE ODYSSEY INSTITUTE OF INDONESIA: Environmental Education
- Program design and Field Instruction
- REFRESH CROSS CULTURAL COMMUNICATION
- Consultant and Contract Educator
- MOVING AGAINST SEXUAL ASSAULT (MESA)
- Trauma-informed Yoga teacher
- SECOND NATURE WILDERNESS THERAPY PROGRAM
- Senior Field Instructor, Mentor and Staff Trainer
- MENTAL HEALTH PARTNERS – Boulder
- MogaDao Qigong Teacher
- Workshops and Lectures at:
Certifications and Trainings
- Certified MogaDao Sacred Daoist Sexuality, Qigong and Yoga teacher
- The MogaDao Institute, Santa Fe NM
- Certified Watsu, Massage and Craniosacral Therapist
- The School of Shiatsu and Massage
- Archetypal and Cross-cultural Psychology
- With Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes and her School of Archetypal and Cross-Cultural Studies
- Over 100 hours of coursework and study
- Certified Teacher of the Gateless Writing Method
- The Gateless Certification Program
- Lead Interviewer of Female Assault Survivors
- The University of Colorado Prosecution Project, “The Impact of Victim-Focused Outreach on Criminal Legal System Outcomes Following Police-Reported Intimate Partner Abuse” with Dr. Joanne Belknap
- BA, Anthropology: The University of Colorado
I walk in the river with and of my teachers.
With a bow,
George Kamana Hunter
Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes